페이지 정보

본문

• 페이스북으로 공유
  • 트위터로  공유
  • 구글플러스로 공유

25년간의 회사생활, 세 가지 원칙 

25 years of work with three principles 

글_ 이창민 Changmin Lee from 영남(YeongNam) CU 

입사 25년을 맞이한 소회를 써달라는 부탁 을 받고, 어떠한 내용을 써야 할 지 많은 고민 이 되었습니다. 결국 평소 업무하던 습관처럼 ‘A’를 찾기 위해 연휴 기간 ‘Annual History’를 차분하게 다시 읽게 되었습니다. 지나온 텔스 타-홈멜의 역사를 다시 한 번 생각하면서, 제 가 이러한 역사를 함께 써 왔다는 것이 너무 나 자랑스럽게 느껴지는 시간이었습니다. 이제 앞으로 저보다 더 많은 역사를 써 내려 갈 텔스타인들에게, 저의 경험이 작은 도움이 라도 되길 바라는 마음으로 그동안 제가 회사 생활을 통해 느낀 몇 가지를 공유해보고자 합 니다. 첫째, 자기 능력의 한계를 극복해야 성장합 니다. 제가 처음 조립기 사업팀의 팀장이 되 었을 때 너무 부족함이 많아 고객으로부터 RFQ(Request for Quotation)를 받는 것조차 무서웠던 시절이 있었습니다. 하지만 포기 하지 않고 1년 정도를 새벽 2~3시까지 고객 RFQ에 대응했던 기억이 있습니다.(그때 제 옆 에서 같이 일했던 이경태 프로는 지금 생각해 도 너무 고마운 동료입니다) 이후 저의 능력 이 한 단계 성장했던 것으로 기억합니다. 지 금 많은 텔스타인들이 자기 능력보다 많은 결 과를 요구받을 수 있습니다. 하지만 그것을 이겨낸다면 한 단계 성장한 자신을 확인할 수 있을 것입니다. 둘째, 모르는 것을 모른다고 이야기 할 수 있 는 ‘용기’를 가져야 합니다. 제 회사생활 신조 의 하나가 ‘불치하문(不恥下問)’입니다. 모르 는 내용이 있다면 그것을 아는 사람이 어떠한 위치에 있어도 물어보고 자기 것으로 만들어 야 성장이 가능합니다. 주변 사람과 끊임없이 소통하고 물어보고 배우는 자세야말로 평생 학습을 할 수 있는 자세라고 생각합니다. 셋째, 위기(危機)란 위험한 기회입니다. 텔스 타-홈멜을 다니면서 제가 제일 많이 한 말 중 하나 같습니다. 생각해 보면 입사 이후 25년 간 위험하지 않았던 적이 없었습니다. 작년 말부터 급부상한 전기차의 영향으로 우리의 주요 고객이었던 가솔린/디젤 엔진 프로젝트 가 모두 사라졌고, 여기에 코로나19라는 변수 까지 발생하여 3~4년 전부터 스마트팩토리 분야의 최강자를 목표로 해 온 텔스타 역시 쉽지 않은 한 해를 보내고 있습니다. 하지만 우리가 준비해온 모든 것을 믿고 자신의 역할 을 다한다면 이 위기는 텔스타-홈멜을 다시 한 번 성장시키는 기회가 될 것입니다. 별로 대단하지도, 특별하지도 않은 내용입니 다. 하지만 이러한 몇 가지 원칙을 갖고 회사 생활을 하다 보니 좀 더 적극적이고 창의적이 되었던 것 같습니다. 아무쪼록 새로운 역사를 만들어 나갈 모든 텔스타인들에게 작은 도움 이라도 되었기를 희망합니다

When I was asked to write my impressions on working for 25 years, I had a lot of thoughts on what to write. Finally, I read ‘Annual History’ calmly again during the holiday season to find ‘A’, just like my usual work habit. It was a time when I felt so proud that I had been writing this history together, thinking once again about the history of Telstar-Hommel. I would like to share some of the things I have felt through my career at the Telstar, hoping that my experience will be of little help to the Telstarians who will write more history in the future than I have written so far. First, you must overcome the limitations of your ability in order to grow further. When I first became the team leader of the assembly machine business team, I had times that I was so scared to even receiving an RFQ (Request For Quotation) from a customer due to many of my shortcomings. However, what I remember is that I did not give up and tried to respond to customers’ RFQs until 2~3 am for about a year. Now many Telstarians may be asked for more results than they can. However, if you overcome it, I believe you will be able to see that you have grown up a notch. Second, you need to have ‘courage’ to say that you do not know about what you really do not know. One of principles of my career is “Be not ashamed to inquire of those beneath one”. If you don’t know something, you have to ask someone to grow no matter which position he/she is, to fully make it your own. An attitude of continuously communicating, asking, and learning from others is the right attitude for your lifelong learning. Third, a crisis poses a threat and an opportunity. It seems that it is the phrase that I said the most while working at Telstar-Hommel. If I look back my past 25 years after joining the company, every single moment was a crisis. Due to the effect of rapid rise of electric vehicles since the end of last year, we have lost gasoline/diesel engine projects, which were the major projects of our customers. Furthermore, Telstar, aimed to become the best in Smart Factory industry from 3 to 4 years ago, even has been having a difficult year due to the variable called Nevertheless, if we believe in everything we have prepared so far and play the best role at each one’s part, such crises will be changed to an opportunity to develop Telstar-Hommel once again as it did in the past. It is neither a great nor a special message. However, I think I have become more active and creative by having these few principles as I worked at the company. By all means, I hope that this message become a little help to all Telstarians who will write a new history