페이지 정보

본문

• 페이스북으로 공유
  • 트위터로  공유
  • 구글플러스로 공유

변화의 두려움을 도전으로 

Transforming fear of change to challenge  

글_ 최윤미 Yunmi Choi from 사업관리/구매(Business Management /Purchase) CU 

회사에 입사한 후 8년 여의 시간은 저에게 늘 긴장의 연속이었습니다. 육아를 위해 기존에 다니던 회사를 그만두고 5년 동안 경력이 단 절된 상태에서 새로운 환경, 새로운 사람들과 업무를 함께 한다는 건 제게 또 하나의 도전 이었거든요. 기존에 해왔던 업무가 회계 담당이었기에, 저 에게 새로이 주어진 역할은 예놉틱코리아의 회계 업무를 대행하는 일이었습니다. 당시 기 획운영팀 소속이어서 주 업무 외에 여러 가지 총무, 운영 업무도 함께 배울 수 있었습니다. 하지만 2년의 시간이 흐른 뒤 이제는 영업 관 리 업무를 수행하라는 미션이 주어졌습니다. 처음 그 소식을 들었을 때는 오랫동안 해오던 업무가 아니라 주저할 수밖에 없었습니다. 머 릿속에는 ‘과연 내가 잘해낼 수 있을까?’라는 생각이 맴돌았고, 또 다시 새로운 환경을 겪 어야 한다는 걱정과 우려가 앞섰습니다. 업무 의 변화는 새로운 일을 배우는 계기가 될 수 도 있지만, 육아와 일을 병행해야 하는 저로 서는 큰 부담으로 다가왔던 게 사실입니다. 업무가 바뀌고 처음에는 이런 저런 부침을 겪 었지만, 다행히 시간이 지나면서 사업그룹 파 트너, 프로들과의 업무 친화력이 높아지자 자 신감이 생겼습니다. 그런 상황에서 업무 로테 이션을 한다는 소식을 듣고 구매 CU로 지원하 게 되었습니다. 이전 같았다면 주어진 업무를 벗어나 새로운 도전에 나서지 않았겠지만, 당 시에는 왠지 모를 자신감이 들었습니다. 무엇 보다 저를 항상 응원해 주는 가족이 있기에 ‘나 는 할 수 있다’는 용기가 생겼던 것 같습니다 물론 새로운 일을 배우고 도전하는 게 쉽지만 은 않았습니다. ‘해보지 않은 일인데, 잘 할 수 있을까?’라는 두려움과 ‘회계 관련 경력이 단 절되지는 않을까?’라는 걱정 또한 교차되었 습니다. 하지만 업무에 적응하고 나니 처음 가졌던 두려움은 점점 도전하는 재미로 다가 오기 시작했고, 이제는 ‘이 일을 내 것으로 만 들자!’라는 생각까지 하게 되었습니다. 생각 을 바꾸니 힘들었던 시간은 스스로를 발전시 키는 원동력이자, 나의 가치를 올려주는 의미 있는 시간으로 변화되었습니다. 변화의 두려움을 도전으로 인식하고 행동한 결과, 이제 저는 회계, 운영, 영업 관리, 구매 업무 경험을 쌓은 ‘멀티 플레이어’가 되었습니 다. 이러한 다양한 업무 경험은 현재 구매 일 을 하는 데에도 많은 도움이 되고 있습니다. 아직 배울 게 많고 부족하지만, 저만의 장점 이 생긴 것 같아 뿌듯합니다. 그리고 이런 다 양한 기회를 통해 ‘가치의 시간’을 허락해 준 우리 회사에게 감사를 전하고 싶습니다.

Around 8 years after joining the company has always been a series of tensions for me. It was another challenge for me work with new people under a new environment after 5 years of interrupted work career after quitting the previous job for childcaring. Since I was previously in charge of accounting, my new role was to represent accounting work for JENOPTIK. At that time since I was a part of Planning and Management Team, I was able to learn many types of work including general affairs and operations other than my main job. However, after two years working at the team, I was assigned a mission to conduct sales management role. When I first heard the news, I hesitated because it was not something I had been doing for a long time. Hence, I kept thinking, “Can I really do well?” That’s why worry and concern about having to adjust to the new environment again came to the fore. Changes in work may be an opportunity to learn new things, but it is true that working and childcaring simultaneously was a huge burden. I had some difficulties after changing to new work at first. However, as time passed, fortunately I became more familiar with my work and became more confident thanks to my business group partners and other employees. In such a situation, as I heard that there was a work rotation, I applied for purchase CU position. If it had been before, I would not have taken on a new challenge outside of my assigned task, but at the time I felt confident that I would not know for some reason. Above all, it seems that I have the courage to say “I can do it” because I have a family who always supports me. Of course, it was not easy to learn new tasks and challenge myself. Two feelings crossed each other; one was worry “That’s not what I have never done before. Can I do well?” and another one was concern “What if my accounting-based career is cut off?” However, after I got used to the work, the fears I had at first came to me as more challenging but fun ones. Now I even think, ‘Let’s make this my own!’ As I changed my thought, hard times transformed to a driving force for my development and a meaningful time to increase value of myself. I became ‘a multi-player’ having experiences in accounting, operations, sales management and purchasing as a result of recognizing and acting on the fear of change as a challenge. Such a variety of experiences helps me a lot in yself that I have my own advantages. I would also like to deliver gratitude toward my company that allowed me to have ‘a valuable time’ through such various experiences.